Topic: "The Pros and Cons of Shopping with Your Smartphone"
Eligibility: Grade 9 to Grade 12 High School Students in the Philippines
Prizes: 1st Prize - PHP6000 with certificate of participation
2nd Prize - PHP3000 with certificate of participation
3rd Prize PHP1800 with certificate of participation
Closing Date : TBC
Description: There is no denying the convenience that comes with smartphones and here in the Philippines, over 27.5 million Filipinos use and rely on their smartphones on a daily basis. When it comes to shopping, the luxury of being able to shop on-the-go is as accessible as ever but along with its multitude of benefits, there is also a downside to shopping via our mobile phones.
In this essay, we want you to discuss both the advantages and disadvantages of mobile e-commerce. Support your argument with evidence and don’t be afraid to think out of the box. If you have a unique perspective, we definitely want to hear and and who knows, you might just be the person to walk away with PHP6000.
Your essay should be between 650 to 800 words.
Contest Coordinator: Leanna Seah (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- All entries must be written in English.
- Only original written work. Essays that have already been published or already exist on other forms of professional media will not be accepted.
- Plagiarism in any form in strictly prohibited and will result in automatic disqualification.
- Only one entry per contestant.
- Your entry must be in traditional essay format. Poetry, song lyrics, listicles and dot points will be disqualified.
- Completed work can be submitted to email@example.com with the title "2016 Saleduck PH High School Essay Writing Competition".
- Please include your name, valid ID number and the name of your school in the body of your email.
- Entries must be submitted by 11:59pm, 31st December 2016.
- The decisions made by our judging panel is final and not subject to change.
- All winners will be contacted by email so please ensure that the email address you use is valid.